Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Leaving Lake Toba

For a while I thought I might stay here till leaving for Jakarta on saturday... but after three days I feel rested and restless. I am not so good at doing nothing in sleepy little towns. So yesterday I took a motorbike and saw most of Samosir island, and today Chiara and I got up early and hiked to some hills to see the sunrise... we left at 5.20 am so in the dark, was a nice and quiet walk and we had a nice view to the sunrise on the lake. It was fun to hike through the bushes and over buffalo trails, since the supposed hiking trail was a bit too difficult to find for us....

Now we leave towards Bukittinggi, the heartland of the Minangkabau people. It is a rugged mountain area with lots of nice villages and lakes. But before we get to see all of that we have to sit on the nightbus for about 15 hours.... That will be my third and last nightbus trip of this journey. I considered to go to Jakarta by bus, boat, and bus but am glad we decided to book some plain tickets instead....

By the way: did anyone see the Obama inauguration? I enjoyed it online this morning and hope it will bring much good to the United States, its people and to the world.

As my yogateacher Gurumarka reminded me once: It is never the people failing, only the system.... Lets hope the people and their president can change the system for the benefit of all.

I know Obama is no miracle worker, but I do feel he can inspire people to bring out the best of their abilities....

2 comments:

Essie said...

Hey there lovely sister!
Finally got the chance to read through your great blog..wonderfull to be kept up to date on all your adventures. nice pics as well! Especially the one on the motorbike :-)Can't wait to join you there actually. About sadhana: don't beat yourself up over it..it'll come back. Proof? I have been going to sadhana every morning for over a week now..So there you have it.
Miss you lots, big hug from Sarab Seva xx

Amrit Dev Kaur said...

Haha, I only see your comment now. How nice! Glad you enjoyed it. And how is sadhana? I am not beating myself up anymore ;-) and doing some sadhana again. You were right, it comes back.